Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 6

The 5 Hazardous attitudes in Aviation;
1. Resignation - “ whats the use, forget it, I give up”
2. Anti-Authority – “ Why should I listen to you?”
3. Impulsivity – “Do it quickly”
4. Invulnerability – Nah, I don’t think it will happen to me”
5. Macho – “ Come on, I can do this!”
These are pretty well known among pilots, and there are online tests that you take to see where you rate in each area. A numerical value is given for each area, the higher the number the more you have that attitude. I think the numbers go from 0-50 for each one. Where do you think I rate? Where do you think you would rate?

2 dangerous words in aviation – “ Watch This”
Speaking of words, who knows the phonetic alphabet? You know, Alpha, Bravo…………

3 comments:

  1. Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo, Foxtrot, Golf, Holtel, India, Juliet, Kilo, Lima, Mike, November, Oscar, Papa, Quebec, Romeo, Sierra, Tango, Uniform, Victor, Whiskey, X-ray, Yankee, Zulu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, where do you rank? I want to know your numbers! As for me, im sure i'm like, ZEROS in every section..... I'd be such a good pilot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you have been flying for so long & have had good experience & good common sense- I can't see you ranking very high in any of them because I think you have learned what to be aware and cautios of. I would be interested in knowing what you ranked when you were a fairly new pilot as compared to now...I think my worst category would be impulsivity. I definitely did not know the alphabet thing...way to go mom!! :)

    ReplyDelete