Saturday, February 5, 2011

day 9


OK, Today i read an interesting article in the local paper. It seema the Utah legislature has decided to get rid of a law that made it illegal to openly carry a gun within 1000' of a school. It is still legal to carry a concealed weapon, if you have a permit, within that 1000'. Now I know that if someone was going to cause harm they probably would keep their weapon concealed right up to or maybe into the school. But, if you saw a person with an unconcealed weapom within that 1000' you could do something about it. Now with no restrictions you can watch and see what they plan on doing. We all would do something anyway if we saw someone toting a gun headed towards a school, but it just doesnt seem right to me, even though I am a firm believer in the right to bear arms, to repeal the 1000' rule. The only justification the legislature had was that it might be inconvienient for someone carrying a gun to have to circumnavigate the 1000' perimeter. Give me a break.

Thats another picture in the Casper area. It was about a 20 mile drive outside of town, the last few miles on a dirt road. As I was driving out on it in my rental car my thoughts went back to one time when I was going to a school in Arizona with my boss and one evening we went for a drive in his rental car into the desert. Really into the desert, we traveled thru it at a high rate of speed bouncing all over! I remember thinking " I must remember to never buy a car that used to be a rental because people treat them like this!" Of course, I learned a good lesson from the adventure; I follow his example and have fun! A guy just has things that he wants to do in a car but doen't want to abuse his own !

No comments:

Post a Comment