Tuesday, February 8, 2011

today

well, I never mentioned much about Jessica and Braddock on their birthday, so I thought I would share a few thoughts about Jessica.
Her birth was quite an occasion, when Deena went into labor I was quite concerned, it hadn't been that long since my sister had lost a prematurely born baby. I remember at the hospital I ran into Toni Talbott, the wife of a fellow pilot from the aerodrome. She worked at the lab. It was nice to hear her reassurance that premature births weren't that uncommon. However the doc did order up a helicopter to standby to transport her to a larger hospital in Spokane because they thought she would be around 4 lbs. So, when she came out at a whopping 6lbs 3 oz. I was quite relieved. I was amazed at how much pain and work was required of Deena!! I realized that giving birth was a big deal!! well, after about 5 days in hospital to treat her jaundice, we took her home and celebrated her first poopy diaper!! We were living in a trailer not far from Deena folks and we had a water bed that was pretty comfy, but if we wanted we could create a wave that could just about throw Jess off the bed! what else can I say about Jessica? You all know her pretty well! She was a great first child. With all the responsibilities that come with that job! Lots of talent, lots of capability to love. A few random thoughts: " its a tiny bit soaking wet!" "hold you me" and of course " Everyone always says I exaggerate all the time , but I never do". Jessica heard newborn Hannah crying one night. Deena was in bathroom. Deena saw a couple flashes of someone running up and down the hallway(in the dark). It was Jess grabbing Hannah and running with her back to her room! She had thought Hannah had been left.

I guess we may have forgotten to teach her how to swing on a swing set................ Luv Ya Jess!!

1 comment:

  1. I can say that Jessica, is one of the kindest woman I know, and I am amazed at her strenghth as a mother and wife to her family. I admire her so much for that. I was very happy to be able to get to know her better when she lived in Missouri. Love ya Jessica!

    On a side note: i am catching up on my reading here, Doug, but I am going strong on my 31 pushups a day!!

    ReplyDelete